Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Who needs sleep?

Not Rivers, that's for sure.....

My child is cute, my child is sweet, my child is funny, what my child isn't is well rested.  Here's the story.
Rivers room has a west facing window, which mean at bedtime the sun is right in his room.  Solution? Dark curtains.  Worked like a charm, plus the House behind our had this awesome tree that provided even more shade when the sun got low enough and Rivers room was nice and cozy for bed time.
Well, the house behind us went up for sale and got sold.  and the new gay neighbors (I can say that because they really are gay) cut down the tree!!!!  Making Rivers room yet again too bright to sleep.  Like super bright, like noon time bright.  Grrrr!  So, I got out the duct tape and a couple cardboard boxes, and covered that blasted window!  Now his room is a cave.  Super dark, with weird shadows coming from the monitor light.  Rivers started to wake up scared, screaming and crying late at night and early in the morning.  Solution, a small night light. 
No not a solution at all!!  I went to check on Rivers before I went to bed when I got home from work, and he woke up, and didn't want to go back to sleep.  Finally I nursed him and sang him back to sleep after he played in his crib for an hour.  Then he woke up twice more, and took FOREVER to go back to sleep both times!!  So the night light is out, and I think I will just deal with the half an hour of screaming rather than the hour of chattering and singing to himself. 
needless to say he took his mid morning nap early this morning, without his night light.
Rivers did however find a suck, managed to get the wrapper off and ate it this morning.  It was really cute, and with my lack of sleep I didn't care.  then he threw a fit when the sucker was all gone and I wouldn't let him eat the stick.  This is what happens when you don't sleep.  after cleaning his hands and face (and the walls and the TV and the doors) his fit got worse and he went down for a nice nap.  I'm a great parent.

1 comment:

Christy said...

the sucker part is funny.