Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back to School

Leaving for his first day back to School!


And there he goes :)
 "Back to School, Back to School, to prove to dad I'm not a fool"
Scott is loving being back at school.  I am too because he cooks dinner for me at night while I'm at work.  We got a pretty sweet deal with all the grants Scott got, and now that I'm back to serving I'm making more money, which is helpful at this time.  So here's how the decision was made to go back to serving early, while still breastfeeding.  In my job I don't get breaks, ever, unless you're greeting, which is the lowest paying job at the restaurant.  So while Scott worked dinners (which was what his job was) I worked lunches as a greeter so I could take breaks to go pump (meaning I was making less money and doing less work, but still providing some sort of income).  Since Rivers began sleeping through the nights at 6 weeks I haven't been getting a lot of milk during the night.  When we decided it was the right decision for Scott to quit and return to School we both knew I would have to start working nights so Scott could be at school during the day, and keep Rivers out of Daycare (not that there's anything wrong with it, other than the cost).  It works out really well.  I pump before I go to work, and when I get home.  Scott gets to do all the cute bedtime stuff like dinner, baths and putting him down, then has plenty of time to study and do homework after bubs goes to bed.  Since I'm only missing one feeding I was able to serve again and I'm making at lot more money, not as much as when both Scott and I were working, but it pays the bills and I know it will be for our benefit later on.

Life is good, we're all healthy and happy, and I feel truly blessed

No comments: