Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August so far...

Mid-way through August, and boy have we been busy!! 
So to save time, and energy, here is a brief update...
Scott is unemployed!!  This is surprisingly a good thing... I think...  I have mixed emotions about this, but I do think that ultimately it will be for the better for our family.  Living off student loans and taking this HUGE leap of faith and walking into the unknown by faith is a challenge.  The photo below was taken as Scott left for his last night of work.  I have to admit, he is so much happier, and I do enjoy the idea of him not being a slave to his job.  He may want to find some part time work next semester, but for now we both feel he needs to just focus on school.  And to be honest, when I go back to serving (which I do tomorrow) I make more part time than any other part time job Scott would get.  So Scott gets a sugar mama while playing Mr. Mom in the evenings.  That's another nice part of my job is the flexibility it gives me.  I'm super sad about missing bedtime with my little guy, but for now we really do feel like it's the best for our little family :)

Sadly, on August 6, 2011 Scott's Grandma Brady passed away.  I didn't take any pictures, but luckily Scott's sister Christy did and I stole this on off her blog.  Scott was a pallbearer, and it was an amazing service.  I spent most of it in the hall with a very sleepy, hungry, squirmy baby, but I was able to hear most of it, and I learn a lot about this wonderful woman.  We spent, basically, two full days with Scott's family and it was really nice.  All of his cousins came into town, and we spent the evening before her funeral talking about how great she was.  It was a sad event, but it was also so lovely and spiritual.  Bubs was mostly good for this day too, it's not his fault he doesn't know what's going on...


This is another stolen photo (hehehe).  At our company picnic last month Scott and I won 2 free passes to Seven Peaks.  On Monday we went down to Provo (Scott said it was the best one) and luckily Scott's sister Christy (yup, same one mentioned before) was able to go with us, she has a season pass, and is such a life saver!!  Here is Rivers with his cousin Emily fighting over treats.  They are so cute together, ok well not really, yet.  They are both just really cute.  Rivers gets so excited when he sees another baby that he wants to give lots of hugs and kisses and really wants to play, but other babies just don't seem to like this as much, and I can't blame them.  Luckily Emily has learned to crawl away from him rather quickly, which is very smart of her.  I'm sure as they grow up they will be good friends, but for now Rivers just wants to pull her hair and eat her food (Rivers doesn't have any hair, he's unaware of how much it hurts).
We had lots of fun though at Seven Peaks, and Scott got so sun burnt!  Which is funny since he wore sunblock and I didn't, and I'm barely pink and the poor guy is starting blister.  Bubs did get a little bit of a sunburn on his arm, and I'm fairly certain it's because  he moved and I'm not sure he actually got sunblock applied to that arm, but don't worry, the other arm was super covered twice. 
All in all it's been a great month with lots of time with family and lots of playing.  Now it's back to work and getting Scott ready for School!
Enjoy August, and I'm going to try to blog more since I'm home more :)

No comments: