Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

9 Months

I've had a hard time writing this post, because I'm still coming to the realization that my little man has been alive longer outside of me than inside.  Crazy I know, but for the last 18 months I have done nothing but care for him, and most of that time he was much easier to take care of.  Babies in the belly may not be great, but I was much less worried and stressed with him inside rather than outside.  Although, I hated being pregnant I do miss having him with me all the time.  He is just so much fun now!  It's been bittersweet watching my baby grow up.
So, Rivers likes to move.  While at the doctors he was crawling and standing and pulling himself up all over the place.  The Pediatrician even made a comment to the effect that he is burning more calories than he's in taking.  He is just so excited about life!  While I was washing the dishes the other day I left Rivers to play.  He's pretty good about staying near me, but sometimes he just wants to explore.  Well it was quite, and like the paranoid new mom I am I was afraid he was dead (I'm always afraid he's dead), so I went to go find him, but what I found was the funniest, cutest thing ever!!  Rivers was in the bathroom, and had discovered the toilet paper!!  He was having the best time!  I was laughing so hard I had to run and get the camera, and he just kept on playing. 


 He's just so happy!!

 How can you get mad at that face?
 Rivers is also standing, here he is playing us a song on the guitar.  Is it too soon to call him a Phenom?  Since California he has been pulling himself up on to the furniture, and recently he has began to let go and just stand there.  He has also been "cruising" along the couch and coffee table.  Well yesterday while playing with his books in the middle of the room, with nothing around him, he pulled himself up into a standing position.  I thought I was just seeing things, but then he did it again about 5 more times, including while in the bath tub.  I shouldn't be surprised, Scott began walking at 11 months, and with as eager as Rivers is to move I really should have expected this sooner, but it was still such a shock. 
He just amazes me everyday.
here are his stats from his 9 month check up:
Weight:  17.7 lbs 10 Percentile (he's a little guy)
Height:  27.5 inches  26 Percentile
he's healthy, and based on height if he weighed too much more he would be a fat baby and we would have to talk about his diet.  He's thin, but as our doctor always puts it when I ask if he's ok "Don't we all want to be tall and thin?"  and like I mentioned before, he's burning calories fast than he intakes them.  I was never a chubby baby, and he's growing and eating and having regular bowel movements so I have nothing to worry about.
I'm so in love with my little guy and I wouldn't have him any other way :)



1 comment:

Christy said...

ha! the tp thing is so funny!