Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, April 4, 2011

Summer Activites

Every summer Scott and I make a list of things we want to do before it gets cold.  This year it has become a list of these to do before Scott returns to school in the fall.  This year is also a bit more fun because we have an awesome little boy to take with us!  Here is our list so far.
Visit the Hoogle Zoo
Hike Zions
Go to the Tracey Aviary
Take Bubs to the Pioneer day parade
Go to Disneyland
Go camping with Bubs
Get up to the Family cabin and see Grandma Alta.  And last but not least
Watch all the Oscar winning movies from 1927 until 2010 in no particular order.
Every year Scott and I make a contest out of the Academy Awards, and we've talked about doing this for years.  We have no real time line as when to finish, but will certainly be a feat.  I plan to write a small review about every movie we watch, and this year we want to try and see all the movies nominated before the awards show.  So over the next year you can expect me and Scott to gain a nice amount of weight :)
We do have one exception to our list of movies that we have decided not to watch and that's the 1969 winner "Midnight Cowboy" since the rating was an X rating and it just sounds like something we wouldn't want in our home.
I'm super excited about this little project, because a lot of the winners are musical and have many of my favorite actors in them.  We went on to Netflix today and ordered them after Scott finishes watching Lost season 6.  Scott I think is a little nervous, because some are romances, and like I mentioned, musicals.  They didn't win awards for nothing right?
In other news, Rivers is doing great and growing like crazy, starting another growth spurt.  I'm doing well, looking at finding another job, I just don't feel like they want me there any more and are trying to make me leave, and Scott will his Culinary degree in a few weeks.  Things are good, and we are happy.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I have a huge list of work-at-home jobs that my friend gave me when I was looking to change jobs so I could stay home. Let me know if you want it and I will send it to you. Also, I can make Rivers a R for his room if you want. Just let me know what colors you like.

Christy said...

Or if you want to make your own, all I did was get a wooden letter from the craft store, cover it with scrapbook paper, and decorate it with scrapbook stuff. I have A TON of scrapbook supplies leftover from when I worked at the scrapbook magazine and companies would send me free samples all the time.