Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, April 11, 2011

No-Good-Very-Bad-April

I have had a rough week. 
Well, it's been a rough week and a half to exact.
It started on April 1, when I got called into a work meeting only to find out I was in trouble for one thing and got written up for another thing.  I thought it was an April Fool's joke.  I was wrong.  Luckily for me, it was the start of my week off work because both mine and Scott's parents were going out of town, so I didn't have anyone to watch the baby. 
I sulked and moaned and whined, applied for new jobs and had a pity party.  All I wanted was to snuggle and play with my little man.  Having him is so great.
To make matters worse, I planned on having a celebration on April 1, because it was 3 years ago on that date that Scott and I got engaged. I did nothing, and Scott was fine with that.  Scott is always fine, with whatever I want to do, that's what makes him so wonderful. 
I was thrilled though because I got to watch ALL of conference, something that I haven't done since I was a missionary! That made things better.  Also on Saturday night I got to spend time with my Mother-in-Law as well as my sisters-in-law, and almost sister-in-law Jessica, for Girls night out.  That helped, a LOT!
Then On the Tuesday after conference, Rivers got  fever. A super high, call the doctor, fever.  I didn't want to freak out like new parents do, but it was over a 100 degrees.  I've never felt so helpless in my life!  He can't tell me where it hurts, or how bad he feels.  The fever went away as we followed the triage nurses advice.  But I knew something just wasn't right. 
Turns there was something wrong, not serious luckily, but he has an ear infection.  I don't know how this happened.  He never leaves the house, he's rarely around other people, we wash our hands CONSTANTLY, But some how I let my little guy get sick.  Plus Scott never hears him cry, even with the baby monitor next to his ear all night, so I had no sleep, dealing with a sick baby all day and all night.  When we found out what was wrong I felt like such a failure.  Scott has made me feel better, by telling me that this happens to most babies, and the Doc told me there was nothing I could have done to avoid it really.  I hate how much guilt I feel about realizing my baby has the same stupid mortal body that we all have.
I do have some good news however.  Scott passed his practical exam for his culinary degree!!!  The final step is just to pass the written exam, and neither of us are worried about that.  I'm so proud of him.  I asked him what he wanted for dinner the night he passed, anything he wanted, and he picked Cafe Rio.  I was happy to oblige.  He worked so hard, with his crappy job over conference weekend, and still found time to study and pass this hard test!  He's so great even if he can sleep through a earthquake, happening during a hurricane. 
Here's the end of my complaining, and I hope the rest of April gets better.

2 comments:

MommaM said...

I'm sorry you got in trouble. That is one of the worst feelings, in my opinion.

It's so exciting that your husband passed! I think that is really great. :)

Laura said...

I'm sorry it's been a rough month! I'm praying things get better for you! I'm excited to see you!