Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Acadamy Awards, take one

So the first movie on our pursuit to watch all the Oscar winning movies was Amadeus.  Amadeus was the 1984 winner.  This film was nominated for 53 awards, and won 40.

It's based loosely on the life of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and is ranked 53 in the top 100 movies of all time.
Impressive right, hardly.  Out of 4 stars I'm only giving this film 2.  It dragged, and at times was hard to follow.  We did watch the directors cut, adding half an hour on to viewing time, but I could have done with just the regular version.  The costumes and make up, as well as scenery, was pretty awesome, but it reminded me of being back in High School English when we had to watch this for one reason or another.  I do feel bad for Mozart, this film was told from the view point of a rival composer who feel responsible for Mozart's death.  The rival set out to destroy Mozart and in many ways succeeded. 
So for my review I say, just wasn't for me although I did enjoy Mozart's laugh.
Scott says:  "Looking back I liked this movie much more after it was over than while actually watching it.  It was long winded, but witty and I give this film 2 and a half stars mainly for the Classical music."

No comments: