Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

I love Easter.  Kids in cute new clothes at church, good candy, ham, and of course wonderful and uplifting thoughts of our Savior and His Resurrection.  I just love it.  We had a great Easter!  I've wanted to be selfish for a few months now and just have a nice quite holiday with just Scott, Rivers and I.  I was blessed to have a perfect holiday.  

 So... Rivers wanted to be the Easter Bunny, well we sat down and told him the best he'd get would be these rabbit ears I found at Target for a dollar.  Worth a dollar? Not likely, but this photo is priceless!!

Rivers looks like he got a lot for Easter, but in reality he got things he needed, like new church clothes, a new bath sponge and some baby food.  My mom also got him a summer outfit, flip flops, and some diapers.  When all displayed it looks like a lot, but not really. He also got some empty toy eggs to play with, yeah, big deal I know.
 So, I hate the Easter Bunny. I know I'm un-American, but I also hate Santa and most Disney movies (mostly the princesses, I know I'm a terrible person, but don't get me on my soapbox about the horrific way Disney portrays women ugh!), but my wonderful husband agrees with me on my Easter bunny argument.  We've decided to have a Spring Time bunny and he will come on the Saturday before Easter, and on Easter it's self we will focus on the Resurrection.  My kid will be the one to tell others that there is no Easter bunny don't worry.
 I do like the idea of wearing a new outfit to church on Easter Sunday, We got Rivers this awesome shirt and sweater vest at babies 'r' us on sale buy one get one free!! And we bought the pants a while ago and he's finally big enough to fit them.  Whole outfit... $10.  I love a good deal especially on clothes!!
We did dye eggs, because its fun.  We don't hide these largely because I have fear of not finding all of them and one going rotten, we hide plastic ones filled with candy, them if you find one of those in July it's a great surprise!!  Scott made some cool eggs including the "puke egg" that is tradition in his family.

I'm glad I was selfish, I had a nice relaxing day with my great love and sweet baby. I'm sure I won't always want to be this selfish, but I think I just needed some family time with just the three of us.  I was able to play with my baby, cook for my husband,  think of our Savior, and re-group for the next few weeks ahead.  I love Easter :)

No comments: