Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, January 24, 2011

3 months old!!

3 months ago today my life was forever changed for the better when my amazing little boy was born. I can't believe how fast time is going by. Rivers is getting so big, and so smart every day. Scott and I just love him so much and can't imagine eternity without Rivers!!
Here are some photos of him at three months old.

Playing with toys wondering why mommy is taking yet another picture.
Very angry that he has to do tummy time, this is his look of pity for having to suffer through another session of tummy time.
Naps on the couch are the best! Well for Rivers, not mommy because I have to be so quite, and can't move or he knows, but I didn't want to risk moving him to his crib for fear of waking him.
The Stroller was in the car, and the car was with daddy, so we went for a walk today (in January!!) in our Moby wrap around Liberty Park. He loved it! He looked at the birds, and the fish and ducks in the duck pond, and he liked watching the big boys play basketball, and all the old people and homeless people loved him. He had a beanie on and was zipped up in my coat with a blanket around him. His hands got cold because he wouldn't keep them out of his mouth and they got covered in drool. I can't wait for spring when our walks can become more frequent.
Later tonight I'm going to eat some cake, so he can enjoy some cake as well for being alive for 3 whole months now!!
A few things about Rivers at 3 months:
He can roll from his stomach to back, but only if he's really angry.
He can wiggle himself in a full circle while lying on his back if there are no toys in the way.
His hands are his favorite toy.
He likes to be called handsome and look at himself in the mirror... He's a bit vain...
He takes the bottle well, and might actually prefer it, I think he's getting lazy.
He can almost roll from back to tummy, but knowing that he hates to be on his tummy he stops himself just in time.
Loves to have his clothes changed, and will ask me to do so by spitting up all over himself a number of times a day so I have to change his clothes... at least he's happy.
Has a HUGE head, still.
Is such a good eater, and currently going through a growth spurt!
Rivers is super long, he's in the 81st percentile for length, and only the 39th percentile for weight at about 12 lbs. Long and skinny.
Still sleeps through the night :)
He loves the Ladies.
and mostly is so amazing, I just adore my baby boy!!

1 comment:

Grandma Hulse said...

I love reading about everything that the Shepherds do! Espscially Rivers. We love you guys!