Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Saturday, January 8, 2011

reflection

I have a ton of house work to do today as I prepare to return to work on the 18th, and as I put my sweet little boy in his swing so I could get things done, he whined and sucked on his hands until he fell asleep. While I folded the laundry, I looked over at him and was amazed at how big he is getting. 11 weeks ago he was still inside of me trying to get out. 11 weeks ago he was still this stranger I was longing to meet. Now he's here, growing and changing. I can remember the first time I put him in his swing in an effort to calm his cries and my tired arms, he was so little. Now he self soothes part of the time, and recognizes my voice. I feel like, even now, time is slipping away. I count the hours until it's his bed time when I should be relishing this time I have with him. He is the best thing I have ever done, and I will never get this time in his life back. I love my son so much.
Now as he sleeps I will pick up his toys, straighten his room, get things ready for bath time, and church tomorrow, and dinner with grandma and grandpa Hulse. And when he wakes up and only wants for me to hold him I will not think of it as a pain, but as a joy, because too soon he will be off to play with his friends and be too cool to spend with his mommy. I love my beautiful boy...

1 comment:

Lyndi Daly said...

I love the football picture!!! It's my favorite! Along with the stuffed picture in an older post!:) You look gorgeous in the blessing pics!!! Way to go my model friend! I knew you'd be an amazing mom! You make cute babies:)