Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year... and Merry Christmas...

So I have finally figured out how to upload the pictures from my phone onto my computer. It wasn't hard at all, I'm just challenged...

Rivers amazing eyelashes!!

The best way to take naps!

Bumbo!

watching football with daddy (one of my all time favorite pictures)

"Mommy, I'm hungry!!"

Enjoying his new toy from Santa

Christmas Eve.


I made this Nativity set when I was 12, and have used it since. It has no Shepherds, but that's okay there are 3 that live in our house (hehe)


We had quite an eventful Holiday season. Poor Scott had to work for most of it, so me and Rivers made the most of our time without him. We watched old Christmas movies while we wrapped gifts, and we bakes cookies, and eat them all before giving them to the neighbors...
A baby without Colic is amazing! He still gets fussy from time to time, but he is almost like a new child. I have enjoyed the holidays so much more this year because of him, and not having to work, I picked a great time to have a baby and be on maternity leave :)
Rivers is such an amazing little man!! I really just adore my wonderful little baby. I'm having a hard time knowing that in 2 weeks I will have to leave him to go to work. I have made it my goal this year to find a way to stay home with him. He really is worth going without all the things I typically enjoy, like cable TV, and nice shampoo. I never saw myself really as a stay at home mom, but I don't know how women balance home and jobs.
This year, for Christmas, we were able to see pretty much ALL of our families, something we haven't been able to in previous years. It was busy, and completely over stimulated Rivers, but it was such a blessing, and this is his first Christmas, we don't get to have another first Christmas with him.
After Christmas he got his first round of shots. I was a complete wreck!! it was so sad seeing him get poked and cry in pain! We bought him his bumbo chair to cheer him up, and it worked, until he got a fever and was sad and had to sleep on mommy for two days gripping tightly to my shirt to ensure he wasn't' going to be put down. I felt so bad for the little guy :(
New Years eve was quite for me this year. Scott was finishing up the busy season at work, and I'm still uncomfortable taking him out in the cold, so Rivers and I stayed in and ordered pizza and watched old musicals. Scott got home just before midnight and we watched 2010 end together, this being our 4th New Years Eve together. I feel so special being with Scott for so long now. Everyday I love him more and more. It's overwhelming to think of how many more wonderful New Year's eve's I get to spend with him. He truly is my best friend and partner in crime (hehe).
On New Years day we had family photos with Scott extended side of the family. It was chaos to say the least, and of course Rivers got hungry right before the photo was to be taken. I'm not surprised since he ate at 11:30, and it's an hour drive to where the photo was to be taken, and then it took half an hour to organize everyone and it was during nap time. The poor kid was starving and overwhelmed!! After visiting with the family and driving back, it was later than I planned and Rivers was quite sleepy, and slept very well that night.
At 10 weeks Rivers:
sleeps 8 hours a night, wakes up to eat, and sleeps another 3 hours.
is learning to laugh.
hates tummy time.
is re-growing his hair.
smiles a lot.
has at least one "major blowout" a day.
has amazing timing with his "coo's" and "ahh's".
enjoys being propped in sitting positions.
still loves his changing table.
is learning to play with toys.
Makes mommy and daddy's day brighter every minute :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

that pic of him watching tv with scott is hilarious!