Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, September 24, 2012

Following up!

So, based on my last post, and facebook conversations that took place and talking with some amazing ladies, I have realized that pretty much everyone feels this way at one point of another during their time of raising young children.

What a relief.

I don't think that there is any correct answer for what is best for everyone, but that being a good mom and good homemaker is a skill best learned over time with trial and error.

I feel this week has already been easier for me.  I have chosen not to beat myself up over the thing I don't accomplish in a day and look at the things I did accomplish. 

Yesterday during the Brigham City temple dedication I finally felt the peace I needed about my family, and it was so simple.  I have an eternity to get it right.  I am grateful everyday for my eternal family no matter how big of small it may be.  I worked out a baby-sitting trade with my neighbor to attend the dedication.  I watched her kids in the morning and she watched mine child in the afternoon.  It worked out just so amazing.  I was fretting and nervous the whole week about the behavior my child may have being watched by someone other than family.  I was afraid he'd whine and cry the whole time and be a royal pill.  Plus I was afraid Rivers would be glued to my leg while I was in the care of the other children.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  Rivers LOVED playing with the other kids, they climbed and laughed and chased each other.  When the neighbors came home after the 9 o'clock dedication Rivers was so worn out that he was ready for naps, and went down easily.  He was asleep when Scott and I left to go to the Noon dedication.  I dropped the monitor off and warned them that he might be grumpy with a poop when he awoke, and apologized before we left.

I love a good temple dedication!

When we got home Rivers was happy to see us and come home, but he was also so happy to play again with the neighbors.  It worked out so well I was almost in shock.  He was happy and funny and kept talking about about the kids and the toys.  Who knew my kid was so social.

Later that evening we went to a family gathering with Scott's family and he yet again had a blast playing with all his little cousins.  He played in the sand, and jumped on the tramp and climbed on swings and slides, he came home yet again pooped and went to sleep easily after a major p=bath since my child was filthy.

I learned a lot this Sunday.  When I went to bed with my very messy house I was feeling like a bad mom or homemaker, but rather I felt like the Lord was pleased with me.  That I was a good mom, and I have a happy, thriving, family and a pretty nice place. 

Needless to say I'm over my bad mom, bad wife, bad homemaker pity party.  Sorry.