Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Thursday, September 6, 2012

cooking lesson #1

I married a chef.
This seemed like a good idea 4 years ago.
Had I known how things would turn out I would have paid more attention in the one class of home EC. I took in Jr. High.
I think it was a mandatory class, because I don't see myself signing up for that....
On that note, my sweet husband has offered me cooking lessons.
I don't expect him to cook.  He works so hard at school all day, it doesn't seem fair to take him away from his time with Rivers to make dinner, and let's be honest, I enjoy the break.
I go in the kitchen, look some stuff up, realize I don't know what I'm doing, and make something I feel more comfortable with.  Like spaghetti, or rice and veggies. (Remember vegetarian for 7 years, still uncomfortable cooking meat).
So, for my first lesson, teacher Scott had me make home made chicken noodle soup.
I did pretty good, it tasted pretty good, and Scott was an amazing patient teacher.
Here are some Pictures:
I made Scott do the dirty work of getting the meat off the bird


Home made Stock!!

It took a few hours for the stock to boil down, but I felt accomplished, and everyone loved it! Ok well Rivers wouldn't touch it and still won't, but now that I know how to make it, maybe he'll eat it in the future. 
A mom can dream right :)

2 comments:

Grandma Hulse said...

doersbn 1Scott is just as blessed to have you as you are to have him and Rivers is doubly blessed!!! We love you all!

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Aw, you guys are soooo cute! I had totally forgot that Scott loved to cook. Yah...I ALWAYS make Soren take meat off the chicken...or turkey...it sicks me out way too much cause it's all greasy....and dark meat sicks me out even more hahaha