Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Solids?

So I'm up to my eyeballs in laundry and what do I chose to do with my time, blog, eat nutella out of the jar and watch this weeks episodes of General Hospital (don't judge, I've been watching since high school and it never gets boring, and it shows my commitment to things). 
I've been meaning to post about Rivers getting his first taste of food first hand, but I've been slacking (lots on GH to watch and all) and now my photos and video of this monumentus event are not uploading correctly.  I often wish I knew more about blogging, maybe then my blog would look all cool and not just be a tribute to my husband and son.
Speaking of my husband, he got into the University of Utah starting this Fall.  We're pretty stoked here at the Shepherd house.  I'm not sure what this means for me, but it's nice to see Scott pursuing his goals.
I speak very highly of my husband, I am the President of the Scott Shepherd fan club, and I'm pretty sure Rivers is campaigning to become Vice President.  He is such an amazing man.  I thank Heavenly Father everyday for giving me the blessing of even knowing him, and I am so grateful that he wanted to marry me.  I wouldn't be lost with out him, but I feel complete, whole, with him. 
He is so excited to watch our little man grow, when we decided to introduce Rivers to solids he told me I had to do it on a night when he was home, because he didn't want to miss it.  If Rivers had a fan club I think Scott would be the president, and I'd be the janitor, because I clean up after him all the time.
Alright lets see if these pictures will load..

Well here is Rivers preparing for his Rice Cereal adventure. Yes he is in a diaper and socks, and he is very excited to see what we have in store for him.
And that is the only picture it is letting my upload right now, stupid thing.
and maybe this video will work, it's cute he goes "yummhmmm" if it doesn't load ask me and I will show you, I'm a very proud mama

Today he peed on his face twice!  I was changing his bum, and while I was opening the clean diaper to put on him he just started going.  Peeing on his shirt, pants and church clothes I had set out for tomorrow, as well as the wall, his belly, and the changing table pad.  I strip him down and bring him into the bathroom to start his bath where he does it again on the bathroom rugs, then pee's twice while in the tub!!
I clean him up and change him into a new outfit, where later on he pee's on his face again, only this time I washed him with a washcloth instead of another bath. It was quite funny and I laughed the whole time.  Oh the joys of having little boys, I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm reporting that he peed on the trees or bushes outside.
He really is a funny little boy. 
He loves faces all the sudden, I've noticed him reaching for mine, and Scott's face as well as my mom's and I'm sure Scott's mom's face.  He also loves to look at you, turn away, then look at you again and laugh.  I think it's his simple way of playing "peek-a-boo" with himself.  He's so funny.

We are also trying to sleep train him. He was an amazing sleeper until I had to return to work.  Then waking him up to go pick up Scott has thrown a wrench into his routine.  We hoped he would learn to adjust with us, but no such luck.  Here is how we fixed it.  We bought a baby monitor and while I'm gone for 15 minutes I run it upstairs to the people who live there and they listen for him.  Yes I know maybe not the greatest parenting, but you try finding someone willing to sit at your house for 15 minutes, while you pick up your husband.  At 11 o'clock none the less.  I tried finding him rides, but no one was as reliable as the President of the Scott Shepherd fan club.  I'm happy to report that it's working, within days he started sleeping though the nights again, and I've gotten to know my neighbors better.  He still will only take a 45 minute nap, but you gotta start somewhere.
Well Fridays GH just loaded, I'll see you all later :)

2 comments:

Melissa D said...

It sounds like you need a pee pee teepee! I made a bunch of them for our little guy a couple weeks ago...I'll give you a couple! They are so cute:)

Christy said...

welcome to the "my husband's in school and therefore I am a single mom" club!