Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Check up!

Rivers had his 4 month check up and shots today (Yikes!!)
He did great, as always.  I however, not so much...  I am terrified of needles.  It's worse when it's your own child getting the shots none-the-less.
But this isn't a post about me, it's about my healthy growing little boy.  Here are his stats, for the record.
Weight:  13.6 lbs (21 percentile)
Height:  26 inches (85 Percentile)
Head Circumference:  43.5 cm (81 Percentile)
Basically all this tells me is he's long and skinny with a huge head, which I knew by looking at him.  The doctor was impressed with how strong he was and how alert he was.  I'm a proud mama.
He did pretty well today, he only wanted to sleep on mommy, which is my favorite anyway.  He spit out most of his baby Tylenol and I think stained a bib, but oh well. 
So watching him get his shots is always so emotional for me, I have cried every time!  I know most of this is my own fear, but I hate that moment after when he looks up at me with a look that says "How could you let them do this to me!?!"  I always schedule his shot appointments when Scott can go with me, because my panic when the nurse pulls out those needles gets me every time.  I have to sit away looking down so I don't get dizzy and the second I hear him cry the tears well up in my own eyes. 
He got lots of loves and snuggles today, and went to bed with out any problems tonight, and I hope he sleeps well.  We are going to try rice cereal tomorrow, in hopes of improving his sleep and helping him gain a bit more weight.  I am also going to change my diet, again, to less sugar and more carbs in hopes of getting some meat on those scrawny bones of his.

No comments: