Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our little Leprechaun

So, I have the cutest little leprechaun ever!  I'm sorry, but my son is just the cutest thing ever.  I just love him and those chubby cheeks and button nose, and big blue eyes, and perfect little lips. He's just too cute!

 Saying family prayers before mommy leaves for work.  I don't think he understands that we are praying, but it looks like he is trying to fold his little hands.
 Ignore the fact that I still have Valentines decorations up, I work a lot.
 I am actually Irish, so that makes my little Rivers part Irish too, and as it turns out I have some family from Ireland with the last name Rivers.  I didn't know this when naming him, but it's cool how that worked out.
Twins!! My men are so cute together in their matching shirts.  This was right before nap time, so poor bubs is so so sleepy, but it was the only time I was going to be able to get a photo of them together before I left for work this morning.
I'm a sucker for a theme.  All this week I have worn green in anticipation of celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  Don't worry back in February I wore pink and red for a week to celebrate Valentines day.  I love going to the store and the bank on St. Patricks day, seeing everyone wearing green and celebrating.  I think we need more holidays like this, where you just dress up and eat uncommon foods.  No gifts or cards required.
To celebrate we had corn beef and red potatoes (because cabbage is yucky, and gives baby gas), peas and pistachio pudding.  It was delicious!  It was the first time I've made corn beef on my own and it turned out pretty tasty, and Scott is excited the have Reuben sandwiches this week. 
I wanted to get Rivers a new outfit for St. Patricks day (remember I'm a sucker for a theme) but Scott thought that was too much and he could just wear something he already had.  We compromised and got him a new green polo shirt he can wear to church also, and his cute "Kiss me I'm Irish" bib, that was on sale.  Bright green is favorite color.  It was one of the first colors he could see, and he is still attracted to things that are that color. 
Rivers is also getting excited for my birthday.  He keeps trying to tell me what my gifts are, but he gets so excited he just blows raspberries and squeals.  He's a pretty awesome kid :)

3 comments:

Jamilla said...

Cute! I love to see other people get excited about the holidays.

Christy said...

How did you make your corned beef? I made some and it turned out yucky.

Unknown said...

I just put it in the crock pot for 5 hours on low. Scott added a cup of vinegar, but I couldn't tell. They were on sale last week at Smith's I just bought a small one for the two of us the whole meal came to less than $7. I was stocked about that :)