Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, March 28, 2011

5 months

I need a pause button for life for a minute.  I can not believe how fast time is going, my sweet little boy is just growing so fast.  I wish things would just slow down. 
Thursday March 24 was 5 months since Rivers was born. 
 He's just getting so big, and so smart, and so much more fun.  He just wants to play, all the time.  Such a simple thing right, too bad some times you have to sleep, and eat, and take baths.  He's pretty good for the most part, but he defiantly is a playful dude.
The picture above was taken while blowing raspberries in an argument with mommy as to why going to sleep just wasn't a good idea right now.  It's hard when I see him so sleepy, but not wanting to sleep.  This was one of many nights that we spent trying to adjust to daylight savings, which took almost 2 weeks to do.  He sure is stubborn.
Oh toys, what a great joy!  I have loved this stage of his life, everything is so new and exciting, and mommy is the most funniest thing ever!  I love showing him a new toy and watch him grab for it and wiggle it and put it into his mouth, put it into the other hand, wiggle it, put it in his mouth, then throw it on the floor. 
At 5 months Rivers:
Sleeps. A lot. Clearly all his previous problems were because he was sleep deprived.  The problems we face now is interrupting his sleep, and convincing him he's sleepy when it's obvious to us.  His naps aren't super long, but he's getting about 30-50 minutes of sleeping in during his naps, and only wake for about 2-2 1/2 hours at a time, this is all great to me.
Is obsessed with faces, of all kinds.  He grabs for mine and Scott's faces a lot, and other family members as well. But he also loves the faces on stuffed animals, and my tiki cups I have on our shelf.
Has to be the center of attention! If it's quiet at all he screams or yells so everyone has to notice him, and if you leave him alone in a room He will "talk" louder and louder until you come back to get him.
Loves to be held.  When he's lying down and he sees you coming to pick him up he flails excitedly while you pick him up.
Blows raspberries, all the time!
Hums when he's angry.
Loves "The Price is Right"
Hates squash, but loves carrots, pears, rice cereal, and anything coming from mommy.  We gave him peaches this week, and I think they are too tart for him, he eats them, but I don't think he quite knows what to think of them.
Has never worn shoes.
Clams up when in front of a large group of people.  Sunday I went up to bare my testimony (Scott was working on his Sunday School lesson so I took baby up with me) and while I was waiting to go up he was loud and silly, but once I got to the podium she clammed up and was so silent.  Stage fright or feeling the spirit? Who knows?
Is still swaddled to sleep at night.  I'm afraid he won't sleep as well with out being swaddled, and I'm a wimp to find out what will happen if he's un-swaddled.
Sits up, but is still a bit "top heavy" so if he gets distracted he'll fall over.
Is still the light of my life, all I think about, and my greatest joy in life.  He's so fun, and happy, and loves me so much.  I know it won't always be this way so I want to keep him in this stage as long as possible..
I just love my little boy so much!

No comments: