Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Scott's Birthday

I love my husband, he's just the best.
Since I've been married we haven't really been able to enjoy Scott's birthday.
My job is a pain that prevents it, well maybe it's Scott's fault for being born in December, or his parents for decided that it was a good time to have a second child, I'm not sure, but this year we finally got to have Scott a good ol' celebration.
I bought him a few small gifts with Rivers help, but just couldn't figure out what to get him, especially since all he wanted was a trip to the dentist. Big demands I know.
After some thought and prayer and some inspiration from Pinterest I finally came up with something grand.  But first a few pictures
Rivers LOVED these!  such a fun cheap way to decorate

My birthday boy opening his gifts

 So, I found an idea on Pinterest for these playing cards used to tell a husband 52 ways the wife loved him.  We had these old I <3 NY playing cards lying around (well 2 sets actually, but I only used one) and a gift was born!!
 After writing Scott's name 52 times I began to wonder if I was spelling it right.  You know how it is after to write something over and over again it begins to look strange? That's what I was dealing with.  I had to take a break twice and check some mail to make sure I didn't spell it wrong, and his name is short and only 5 letters. I hate how our minds play tricks on us like that.
 52 acts of service cards.  I'm a genius, and only had to stay up until 3 AM to finish them (I had to go to work first, and Rivers was not helpful at all!)
 Some are funny like picking the radio station in the car, and others are practical like cleaning out the car or sleeping in.  They turned out much cuter that I ever thought
 For his birthday breakfast Scott wanted Biscuits and gravy with Sausage. Not my favorite, but it's not my birthday either...
Rivers was such a fun guy on his daddy's birthday.  He was very interested in what Scott was opening, and even helped him play with the toys that Rivers picked out for Scott.  I took Rivers to the dollar store and let him pick out a few things for daddy.  He picked a coloring book w crayons, some toy cars, and a disk shooting gun.  He really wanted to give Scott a slotted spoon and a fuzzy zebra print Santa hat.  after some discussion we reached an agreement. 

I'm so happy to actually celebrate Scott on the actual day of his birth.

P.S. Becky I will post some pictures of our Christmas tree, per request, once I put it up.  I'm a little slow this year and was trying to go through one event at a time... the rest of the decor is up I'm just not as on top of things as it would appear :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Laurie was complaining to my mom the other day about her choosing to have 3 kids in December, and apparently none of them were planned to arrive in Dec. Scott was late and Laurie and Nathan were early. So it just must have been meant to be. And besides, Scott was so cute coming home from the hospital in his Christmas stocking.

Stecky said...

You are doing wonderful. I am getting over my scroogeyness. I think you are a terrific neice... and person. Love you.