Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, December 19, 2011

Caffeine wishes and Loft House dreams

So many people don't know this about me, but I'm very high stress
I hide it.
I don't think it's "cool" to be stressed.
I'm sure I don't hide it well, but I think I do.
Last week (12/12-12/17) was probably the busiest week I've had all year, or even since the baby was born.
There are two things that get me through these rough times.
 Pepsi
 Loft House cookies

Seriously, I have been living off these two items for the last 8 days.
(I start early)
Here's why I've been so stressed, it's not just your typical Christmas stress I was dealing with.
Tuesday December 6 I got a notice in the mail that my jury duty wasn't going to be postponed and starting Friday night I had to call in every evening after 5 to see if I needed to report the next morning.
Now I have no problem serving on a jury, in fact
I think it would be fun.
But I am still nursing, and Scott was super busy studying for finals.
Plus in a week (12/13) it was Scott's birthday.
So I made some calls, re-arranged a few things, and got some sitters lined up, on call, in case I had to go in the next morning for jury duty.
I talked to work, and felt certain work wouldn't be affected by my sudden call
to civic duty.
At first my boss flipped, but after realizing that I had no say in the matter and wasn't
doing this to destroy the company, understood that it was the law, (30 days in jail and $1000 fine if I didn't show) and worked with me to take care of things.
Oh, did I mention that on Wednesday (12/14) a big project my Young Women
have been working on for a few months for Shriner's Hospital was concluding with a tour and presentation up at Shriner's Hospital? Yeah been planning that for a while and now I might not be
able to go.
Plus we had a family dinner for Scott for his birthday (that was no stress though).
Scott had finals so I spent all day with a baby with no other adult conversation
until Scott came home.
Also, it was the weekend of the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert. Making this
the busiest weekend of the busiest month of the year.
I'm talking getting to work at 3:30 and getting home sometime around midnight.
Serving something like 600 people in a restaurant with only 35 tables. Then getting up the next morning between 6:30 and 7:00 to take care of baby.
Mormons behaving badly at it's peak!!
I pulled through.
Jury duty got cancelled and I can still get called at random, but it won't be this month.
Scott aced his finals and is getting a 4.0.
Rivers has been an angel.
I have amazing co-workers.
The Lord hears and answers prayers.
I also had some help from Pepsi and Loft house cookies, which I think helped me lose 5 lbs.
I don't know how but that's all I've been consuming for the last week and I've lost weight.
I'm sure all the stress and running around and not eating had nothing to do with it :).
Saturday the 17 I finally got everything finished for Christmas, and now just have a few gifts to buy for Scott.
I feel calm for the first time in weeks.
My child is also Hilarious!!
Yes, he's sitting in the fridge.
I guess he got a little hot and needed to cool down :)

No comments: