Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, June 7, 2010

From Moab with Love

So this post is a ton of pictures, we had a great time in Moab, it was Scott's first time going and I think he already is planning a trip back. if only there was a mall in Moab I think we could live there :)

Day 1: On our way to Moab I found on the Internet this cool site off the freeway where you can see Dinosaur tracks, Scott was so excited as you can tell...
Here is Scott pretending to be a dinosaur, they tell you to pour water into the tracks to see them better.
I'll point it out for you all...

We did a little shopping when we got into town, here is Scott's get-up to protect him from the sun.
That night we went on a guided moon lit hike of Dead Horse Point, Scott took some pictures of the moon rising on his phone, but we haven't uploaded those yet.
Day 2: Arches National Park... We did a ton of hiking this day, but there is so much to see we broke it into 2 days at the park. Here is Scott under sandstone arch.
and 5 month pregnant me made it up to Delicate arch, it was 95 degrees, and for a pregnant lady it was like being on the sun!! Scott was so happy when we got to the top, it really is a spectacular site, and I loved seeing Scott's excitement when he got up there :)
That night after we showered and cleaned up, we went to the Bar-M-Chuck wagon. We really enjoyed this, it's a fun little show and dinner that this local couple puts on, we started with a shoot out...
and after a cowboy dinner we got a show, I got Scott up on stage, other than the kids you see on stage we were the youngest couple there, I guess old people and me and Scott really like this sort of thing.
Day 3: Monticello and Hole 'n' the Rock, these got a bit out of order, Hole in the Rock is one of my favorite tourist spots. This guy decided to build his home in the mountain, he blasted it out with dynamite and him and his wife lived there. They had a diner and gift shop, now you take tours and there is a petting zoo! If you ever go to Moab stop here and take the tour, it's unreal.

Here is the Smallest temple in the world! Monticello. We did a session, which was super nice and helped Scott and I on our goal to visit all the temples in Utah. Afterward we went our to eat, and there was NOTHING in Monticello! No lie, we found a subway in a gas station, and all the people that were in the Session with us were eating at the Subway... guess that's all you can there is go to the temple and eat st the Subway...
Back to the petting zoo! The camel was my favorite, you can pay $5 and get a bucket of food for the animals, it was so fun, and the animals are so much more friendly if you have food, it was a ton of fun!
Scott got to feed the animals that licked out of your hand... that part seemed gross to me :)

So... I knew I got sun burnt on the hike, but since I have a great heritage I didn't think it was that bad... Well I was wrong, turns out you burn really bad when your pregnant because of some oil your skin releases, I blistered and peeled and cried and whined because it hurt so bad. This is my own fault for never wearing sunscreen before, and my mom's fault for being Indian and not telling me that people get sun burnt. I'm all done peeling now, and all is well...

Day 4: We slept most of the day, mostly because I was so sun burnt and tired. But later that day we went back to Arches, because when you pay to get in it's good for a week, so you can go back many times. Here is Landscape arch, which is my favorite.

We did a few other small hikes that day, here I am at balanced rock, since I was so burnt Scott wouldn't let me go unless I dressed like this... I look crazy, so look at the rock, not at me :)
We had a great trip, and we have so many funny stories from our adventure. We stayed at Moab Rim camp ground (I wanted a bathroom and a shower) and whenever we'd the camp site we'd pass this sign that Scott thought was so funny, and it sums up the end of this post.
Pleas DO come again :)

2 comments:

MommaM said...

Looks like it was fun. Except the whole sunburn thing. I've never been to Moab. I think I need to go.

Emily said...

We are thinking of heading down in a few weeks! So fun! I'm excited!