Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Friday, June 11, 2010

IT'S A.....

BOY!!!!!

Introducing Rivers Mckean Shepherd!

We are so excited! Here are a few pics of the ultrasound, now again, I have no scanner, so these are pictures of pictures so you lose a lot of the quality, but he is so cute, I can tell :)

My baby's sweet profile, I think he has my lips, and Scott's nose

And here are his boy parts.

We had quite a crowd when we went in for our ultrasound, both my parents came, Scott mom (his dad had to work or he would have been there too) and my best friend Shaelynn, plus Scott and myself. This baby will be very loved.
So picking his name has been a hard process. We wanted something original, I wanted something nature inspired, and Scott wanted something not too crazy or spelled weird. After I shouted out ideas like Rainbow and Sunshine, I went for dead actors, like Rock Hudson, and River Phoenix. Scott liked River, but he thought Rivers Como was cooler (lead singer of Weezer), and during Sacrament meeting that week, Scott found a scripture that my mom is going to needle point for us to hang in his room.
1 Nephi 2:9
O that thou mightest be like unto this river(s) continually running into the fountain of all righteousness! (last part of that verse)
In this verse, Lehi is naming the river of Laman, well of course we couldn't name the baby Laman, but we want our children to be raised in righteousness, and but adding the "s" to the end, it made it almost sound like a prophecy.
So this is how Rivers came to be, we both love it! It's funny because people have mixed emotions about it, they either love it or hate it (pretty sure Scott's siblings think I've turned him into a total hippie). Scott is always reassuring me that it doesn't matter what people think, it's our baby, and we love the name so does it matter, the vain, insecure part of me says yes :).
Having the ultrasound was so cool. I got to lay there and watch everything on a screen, and they recorded everything onto a DVD for us, which we make people watch when they come over. It's so cool though, and it shows all the parts of the baby.
I love my little guy, I love how he moves inside when I'm hungry, and he's still while I'm sleeping, I love watching Scott's face when he feels him kick (which is rare, because I barely feel or notice it most the time) and I love the thought of our other kids having an older brother, something Scott and I never got experience (Scott is the older brother in his family).
I can't wait for October for Rivers to get here :)

5 comments:

Allison and Josh said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! I bet he'll be born with dark curly hair :) I like name choice as well!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that story of the name and I think it's perfect. :) I am SO excited for you!!! You and Scott are going to be phenomenal parents! I'm really happy! Yay!!! :)

Laura said...

I love the name Rivers! I think it is great. I miss you lots and lots! You should see if you can get him to be born on October 14.

Lyndi Daly said...

a boy!!! love the name!

Stephanie said...

Alaina was an October baby too. It is a great time to have a baby... you just gotta stick it out through the summer heat. I like the name Rivers. He is going to be one loved baby - lucky kid!