Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, August 20, 2012

Legs


I hate my legs... I really do.
My legs and I have never really gotten along all that well.
I was blessed with really thick, dark hair.  Which is great for my head, eyebrows and eyelashes. However it has caused much pain and suffering for my legs, and grief for me.

Currently I am suffering from nasty in-grown hairs right below my knees, and
some sort of allergic reaction all over.

While in high school I NEVER wore shorts or Capri's because I was so
embarrassed about the sad condition my legs were in.
(Personally I think Capri's are ugly, they seem old lady to me.  I still wear them out of comfort and that is just personal opinion, not everyone looks old lady in them and if you like them just ignore this comment and think mean things about be behind my back :)  )

Here is a collage of what my nasty legs looked like this morning.
I'd love to get laser hair removal.

If anyone has ANY tips for me please share, this has seriously been an on going struggle for me since about 14 years old.
I can remember wearing only jeans in high school.  Other than dance classes I can't think of a time from ages 14-20 that I ever wore shorts, then I just stopped caring how bad it looked.

Now that I'm older I just pretend they look fine, the above picture was taken 8 hours after shaving with out using any lotions or oils. 
I do shave with a sensitive skin shave gel and an expensive 5 blade razor, because any cheap, less blade type literally hacks my legs.

I have horror stories of shaving and going up my leg and getting skin caught in the razor and having giant gouges on my legs and finding skin in my razor.

Too much info?  Well I need help.
Seriously, I have tired so many tips and I am still having the same struggle.

All my beauty magazines have failed me much like waxing has
(I always seem to be allergic to something in the wax that causes more red bumps and requires calamine lotion which then makes me wear pants yet again making the waxing completely pointless, UGH!!)

Tips? please share.



2 comments:

Christy said...

My friend got laser hair removal on her legs and said it was the biggest waste and that it didn't work. So you can cross that one off your list. I think your legs look fine.

Sandy -- As Told By Mommy said...

Well, I don't have as sensitive legs as you do, but I do get rashes from shaving. The only things I have found that help are:
I actually use my shampoo to shave with. It's got lots of moisture building things in it so it helps keep my legs moist and even more protected from razor burn.
I also save with the grain on certain part of my legs...granted it doesn't always get the hairs SUPER short, but it works with less pain.
And I change my razor/blades super often...even more than recommended.
I hope you find something to helP! I don't know what to tell you about this rash/allergic reaction you already have, sadly. Cortizone 10 cream I have used before for mine...it doesnt make it go away faster, but it sure hurts and itches less!