Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Doctors Appointment

Rivers had his 1 year Doctors appointment today.
Same old same old.
Here are his stats:
Weight:  19 lbs 4% tile (He's never going to be big enough for a front facing car seat!)
Height:  31 Inches 86% tile (long and lean)
Head:  47 cm 68% tile

He shot up in height, and not so much in weight, but since he's growning everything is okay.
The sad part of this visit was that he had to have SEVEN shots!!!
I still hate shots, and I think I cried as much as he did.
These shots were pretty tough on him, and it's been a rough day.
 After a sucker at the doctors and saying hi to Grandpa the poor guy was pooped!!  He didn't even wake up when I took him out of the car. He's never done that.
 Look at all those band-aids :(  So sad, he didn't even want to walk or play, just sit in his chair playing with some beads and drinking his sippy cup.  He was so miserable.
 He just laid on the floor while I made dinner, he did have a sucker so it wasn't all bad.
 Look at those skinny little legs and cute little feet!!  you can also see some spots from the needles and the band-aids.
He was ready for dinner and for a bath, bedtime followed shortly after.  He was ready to call it a day!!

Now we are ready to ween and I can hopefully have that done by Thanksgiving.  I'm struggling with this idea.  He doesn't eat too much adult food and I'm nervous he won't get enough to eat with out nursing.  He did have some formula to kinda ease his way away from me, and I'm so glad I was able to nurse!  I found getting formula ready was harder than lifting my shirt, and it gave him a terrible tummy ache!! 
But now we can move to cows milk, which I hate, but seems like the best option for now. 

1 comment:

Christy said...

Good luck with weaning! Hopefully he will take to it better than Em did. It took her about 3-4 weeks. Sometimes I still worry that she doesn't get enough to eat, but she is growing so she must be doing fine. She eats breakfast really well...not so much the other meals. But she is getting better. I'm sure Riv will do fine. :)