Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

8 Months

Well it's that time again, for me to wonder how my little guy is getting so big.  After seeing some of the pictures of me with him on vacation I can't believe how big he really is getting.
Rivers is so much fun, I feel so blessed everyday I get to be his mom, even on nights like tonight when he throws a fit and won't go to sleep.
Rivers is becoming a trouble maker, ever since he learned to crawl he had found a way to get into everything. 
This is the before picture, first thing in the morning after he wakes up before breakfast and family prayer and scripture study, notice how clean the living room is, but also note the mischievous little child already looking for a mess to make.
 This is the after, taken the same day, after breakfast,t lunch and a nap.  I'm still not sure how he managed to pull that shelf out.  I have not altered anything in this room, in fact I would only poke my head and check on him while I was packing for our trip to California.  He has been so great with all the chaos of packing and washing and cleaning.  I love that he can crawl, because when he needs or wants me and I'm in another room he can find me.  His freedom has been a huge blessing for both of us.

Here is my guy at 8 months old!  Always with that little tongue out :)

At 8 months Rivers:
Still sleeps well, and wakes up at about 6:30 every morning no matter how early or late he goes to sleep
LOVES to eat
Still nurses, although lately he's been a bit... Distracted maybe, he only feeds for a short time, then wants to play, then wants to nurse then wants to play, so on and so on, not sure what to make of it.
Has a favorite blanket, and it's the ugliest out of all the ones he got, it's blue with angel kitties on it, and is a weird fleece material.  He has so many cute soft, silky blankets, and he goes for the one I almost re-gifted, go figure.
Is so curious!  I love it, he's always looking around or past me to see something, then wants to go over and investigate it.  It's so cute.
Follows me around the house.  Whatever room I'm in, whatever I'm doing, he just has to be there with me and know what I'm up to
Loves bath time.
Loves books
Loves to watch the weather forecast on the news, and any commercial with bright lights of fire.
Loves the swings and splash pad at the park.  I get mad when we go to the splash pad because there are always older children there covering the water with their feet, and Rivers can't crawl through it, I may start looking for a more baby friendly splash pad.
Loves people.  He will go to anyone who wants to hold him, but will only be held for a short time before he wants to explore, and once he warms up to people he babbles to them non-stop.
Still loves to go on walks
Demands the attention from everyone in the room. 
Figured out how to pull himself into a standing position.  He mastered this in California on the day he turned 8 months old.  Now he's trying to walk along the furniture.  I have a feeling he's going to be an earlier walker, much to my dismay.
He loves texture, he wants to touch and rub and knock on every surface, I live my life in complete fear of germs.  He licks people, walls, windows, clothes, toys, everything.
Loves to open cabinets and drawers, then close them again.
Can say da da, ga ga, ba ba, mmmmm, ah ah ah ah, and bap bap bap, but still hasn't mastered ma ma ma, which is the one I want to hear the most.
He is still the biggest mama's boy, but again no complaints there.

I just adore my amazing little man, and I'm so very blessed to be his mama :) 


No comments: