Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Friday, November 15, 2013

Halloween 2013

This is my favorite Holiday!  I love stretching it out for a few weeks.

Earlier this year we planned to be a family of pirates for Halloween, but I asked Rivers one day what he wanted to be, and he looked at me and said "A tater tot".  I thought, he's just being a silly little boy and brushed it off.  Then others asked, and I asked again, and Scott asked and the answer was always the same "A tater tot",  I was now faced with the challenge of making a tater tot costume.  I searched the web, and most of what I found was pictures of small children dressed at potatoes, hence, tater Tot.  This wasn't what I had in mind.  A friend of mine found a blog with a tutorial for her older daughter that also wanted to be a tater tot, I'll have to find it and post it, but it was just perfect!  
A tan pillow case, quilt batting, spray paint and a glue gun later, this is what I ended up with.  At our ward trunk or treat people thought he was cereal, but when I got it all finished I think he turned out pretty awesome.  I did have to tell people what he was, but that didn't matter, he loved that mom made him a tater tot costume.  To go with that, Oliver was corn on the cob.
My dear friend Merrilee gave this too me, it was perfect!

We also carved pumpkins, and went to the pumpkin patch.  







It was a lot of fun.  On Halloween night we planned on going trick or treating around our neighborhood, but due to my lack of cooking skills we ended up going down to Scott's folks house and went around their neighborhood.  Rivers had a blast!  By the second house he realized they had candy and suddenly it was a rush to get to the next house.  He also saw a group of older kids running across the street and told grandpa "Those boys are naughty, we don't run in the street."  Such is the life of a city kid.  I love this time of year, and it has been such a fun experience this year with my boys

No comments: