Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Friday, February 1, 2013

Hello Blog, are you there?

Dear Blog, I seem to have forgotten you... Again... It's nothing personal I promise, it's just lazy and my lack of desire.  Let's see, what can I share.

 On Thanksgiving we walked a 5K.  Bubs and I ran across the finish line together.  It was cute. 
 I finally broke down and gave Rivers a haircut.  I just love those curls!!
 Rivers learned to use the vacuum.  I have the cleanest floors ever!!
 Scott turned 30!!!  This is how he wanted to spend his birthday after finals,  He deserved it for having to have finals on his birthday.
 We went out for Japanese food to celebrate, Rivers LOVED it!!  I have better pictures, but his face here makes me laugh.  I'm glad we got it on film.
 We braved the cold and went and saw the lights on Temple Square, this is the 5th year we've done it, Well, it was Rivers 3rd time, but as a whole 5 years
 We survived the end of the world... Again...  I feel fine...
 On November 17 I found out I was pregnant!!  After trying for over a year, and battling fertility issues we are of course stoked!!  Finding out the gender March 1 if you want to place any guesses :) Due July 23

 Rivers is sleeping in a big boy bed.  Here he is pretending to sleep, again another funny face.  This is actually a funny story if you ever want to hear it.
 Rivers is silly... I'm not sure where his other arm went.
We went to the aquarium with our favorite cousin Emily, the kids had a blast!!
Rivers went sledding for the first time and loved it!! we've had so much snow! It's been a challenge to keep Rivers entertained.  Luckily he has an amazing daddy that enjoys spending time with him and is often more patient than me. 

I've been battling morning sickness, and 2 colds.  I don't get sick very often, but with this pregnancy it's all I can do to stay healthy.  I get frustrated with my morning sickness.  I have to work so hard to get pregnant then I have this horrible battle that makes me wonder why I make these choices.  It's getting better though, I'm always tired, and have to rest often.  I'm hoping in the next few weeks I'll be feeling human again.  It's been hard on my calling mostly.  I have meetings and mutuals, and family functions and just normal church , it makes for long Sunday's.

Scott is doing well.  He got another 4.0 last semester, and is applying for scholarships as well as internships.  We don't get to see him much during the week, and tutors part time.  He's awesome. 

Rivers is amazing as usual.  He loves to play with his friends and we are working on learning to read.  I know what you're thinking, He's not even 3 yet and your teaching him to read, well I think it's important.  With his birthday being in October he will turn 18 at the beginning of his senior year, and will be almost 19 when he turns in his mission papers.  This is fine, but I would like him to graduate early and be able to leave when he turns 18.  I'm going to do my best to make this happen.  At the end of the day serving a mission will be his choice, but at least I will have done everything I can to make it happen.  Luckily Rivers has a smart father who can help him with school work, and a mother who is supportive and understanding.  I've got a year to reach this goal so bring the reading on!  Also we are working on potty training, I think he's getting ready.  He can hold it now and make it to the potty, but he has to be naked.  I've got until to July to meet this goal.  I really don't want 2 kids in diapers if I can avoid it.

Well now that my computer and phone seem to be updated and in working order I'm hoping to update more and get back to my goal of blogging 3-4 times a week.

No comments: