Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Thursday, February 24, 2011

4 Months... Full of adventures

Time is going by so so so fast. I can't believe that 4 months ago I was holding my little guy for the first time.
Rivers is growing so fast, and he has been on some fun new adventures recently. Sadly these photos are out of order, but he's still cute so it ok.
We adjusted his swing into the big boy postition, he can't quite sit up on his own so the lap tray helps hold him in place.
We went to the aquarium last week, for 2 reasons, one it's fun, two to try and get him used to his stroller, we held him the whole time... so far it's a fail.
We also went to the zoo!! Rivers loved it! Okay well I don't know how true that was, but yet again he was out of his stroller being held, next time we try the wrap. Anyway, we planned on meeting up with Scott's sisters and Rivers cousin Emily, but because I had to work and wasn't feeling to great we only got to spend a few minutes with them. We only stayed for an hour or so, but it was super fun, and free. Rivers loved watching the animals move around, and of course loved being held the whole time.
Isn't this a sweet picture of Rivers, Emily and their Grandma and Grandpa Shepherd, I love it!!
Rivers brings so much joy into our home. Here are some fun facts about my little man at 4 months:
He's trying so hard to laugh. It's so cute, he does it from time to time, but I don't think he can control it yet.
He can almost sit up, I know he's young for this, but he rolled over early, and smiled early so I'm not surprised he wants to sit up early.
He found his feet! He is always trying to take his socks off and play with them, he can't quite get them to his mouth yet, so what happens is he gets his sock half way off and sucks on his thumb holding his sock, too cute.
He squeals at ear peircing levels.
He drools a ton!! We are on the look out for teeth now.
He loves to play in blankets, when he gets fussy I throw a blanket over him and listen to him grunt and squirm until he gets his face out, then he squeals in delight, so proud.
He goes from bottle to breast with out batting an eye.
Sadly, he likes his binky at bed time. I hate binky's and he loves his... sad mommy, but this isn't a battle I wanna fight.
He goes to the doctors Tuesday, any bets on what he weights?

Scott and I sure do love our little man and we are so glad he is part of our family :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

he looked so cute at the zoo in his little bear hat!