Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Sunday, September 20, 2009

All I wanted was a simple way of life!

This last week has been boring, and I really haven't gotten anything to post. All we do is apartment hunt, work and well that's it, now I'm not announcing anything, and I'm not sure what we are planning, but I think Scott and I ready for a family. We are dirt poor, and we can't afford anything, our cars aren't working, and we are honestly not ready for this, but we both feel that if we wait, we will always be waiting. This might be what we need to do to work harder, and save our money more. I'm not asking for opinions, but I know people worse off than we are with kids and I know that we just need to put this in the Lords hands. On a plus side we may have found a place to live that is still within our ward, and is about $150 less than what we are currently paying. It is smaller, but it's a duplex with one bedroom and an unfinished basement we could make into my owe personal Huge walk-down closet. With that much space downstairs we would have more storage, and, in turn, be able to live in a smaller space. So the renter is a first time renter and she has received so many applicants that she is being selective, but as it turns out she is an inactive member of our ward, and knows a lot of members, who happen to love us!! So everyone keeps dropping in and putting in a good word for us, so we are just hoping and praying that she picks us to rent out the duplex. So our lives are changing constantly, and I'm just trying my best to keep up. I'm just putting my faith in the Lords hands now, and letting whatever happens happen, knowing that this is what the Lord wants. If we get the duplex, great if not, it's time to move on, out of our wonderful ward, and if we get to stay all that much better.
And on top of this, my hair has already grown like an inch and I think it's time to cut in again, I really like this short hair stuff. Scott really like it too, there is much less hair in the bathroom, and he never has long brown hair on his shirts any more, or the car or the couch, or anywhere. So again, who knows what's going to happen. So if you all could pray for us, and continue to be supportive that would be great. Again, we are not having a baby, well not yet :)

4 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

That's so exciting! Good for you guys. I think there are a lot of people out there that don't lean on the lord enough in the decision of when to have children because they get too wrapped up in having to own a house and have PLENTY of money first. Trust me, we are living proof that you can still have kids while poor and be fine. There are enough resources out there to help you and you'll be ok. The lord won't leave you hanging with nothing if you're doing what's right and doing what he asks of you. Good luck with everything!

Lyndi Daly said...

It's always fun to look for a new place to live. At least I think so. As for having babies...WAHOO!!!!!!!!!! That would be so fun! Yes babies are soooooooooo expensive, but soooooo wonderful! It's something that you can't describe, only something you get to understand when you have that blessing:) Good luck with the move! Thanks for explaining about your hair, I was a little upset with you:) Keep me posted!

Stephanie said...

Sometimes moving and being in limbo gives me way too much anxiety. Actually, it always freaks me out. I like to know exactly what is happening and when and how. I'm having a hard time with our moving (which we haven't yet), so I can only imagine how you are feeling. You have a really great attitude about this and you are being so patient. I'm impressed.

Love, love, LOVE the haircut by the way. You look so sassy and beautiful. :)

Stecky said...

Good luck on the duplex. ..Having a family...if we had waited to be rich we would be childless. They are our great treasures. Heavenly Father does bless you. We will wait with baited breath for an announcement.