Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Friday, July 31, 2009

Just a Small town Girl... Living in a (not so) Lonely World

Well I'm wrapping up July with a quick post about the rest of the month, as I mentioned before, I have had such a great summer, and here are just a few highlights from the last couple of weeks, now my pictures load backwards, I don't know if other people have this problem, but I will explain the pictures so it really isn't a big deal I guess.

The last weekend was really, really, busy for us. On Friday July 24th was the great Utah hoilday celebrating the Pioneers getting to Utah. I love this hoilday!! It always involves food, and family, and fireworks, so much fun.

I love living in Salt Lake! This is the second year in a row that we have woken up and watched the runners in the 10k (?) and we set up our spot for the parade. Now the days of '47 parade is the third largest in the country after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and the Rose bowl parade, which just gives me more reason to make a fool of myself and those around me. Me and Shae are the loudest girls every year. I can't actually prove this... but I just know it's true :)

after the parade we usually have a wedding of some sort, yes I said a wedding. Last year it was Scott's sister and this year it was Scott's cousin. Michael and Laura had a fun BBQ Luncheon, with lots of yummy food. Well let me rephrase that, we have a family wedding on July 25th, but it's not uncommon to see the family the day before. We also watch the fireworks from Liberty park every year, and this year they weren't so great, and sadly I forgot my camera :( I also forgot the camera for Michael wedding/reception, which was also a blast. After the reception we went over to Scott parents house and palyed games with his siblings and ordered pizza, what a great way to end a busy weekend!!

On Sunday July 26th my side of the family had a Pirate party! We all dressed up and played games, and my husband broke out the accordian (sp?). He and my Aunt Debi sand Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates life for me until the early evening until we were all ready for bed. I love weekends like this, fun and relaxed getting to enjoy our time with such wonderful people, only sad part was I had to get up and work Monday morning. I'm so happy being married to Scott and I just love him so much, he is such a good sport and puts up with my complete randomness and my complete lack of self care. It's sad to think that summer is almost over.



Aunti Debi trying her skills at the accordian... Success, I think yes!

My super hot pirate! Ow Ow!


My sweet Nephew Riley with his uncle Scott

We are super sexy Pirate! I love Scott ear ring!


Showing off our awesome umberella hats we bought to get the sun off our faces during the parade, we are so cool, I love us, if I wasn't us I'd be friends with us!!


Shae spent the night on our pull out, look how cozy, we're good hosts. The best part was she never saw this picture until it was posted on Facebook, I'm such a good friend;)


July was such a great month! I'm glad that I have these great tradtions, and wonderful people to celebrate them with, and I look forward to who ever gets married next year so these tradtions can continue :)

2 comments:

The Robbins said...

Ok, one, i believe you are the loudest girl...haha:) I can remember the old days. And ok, whos family just has a pirate party?!?! WOAH. No, but really...thats cool! :) I wish we lived down there so we could go to that parade too...I haven't seen it since I was like 10.

Rick and Rachael Underwood said...

I found your blog!! now I can blogstalk you (spell check)