Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Elections, snow and car problems oh my

So it's my day off and I'm trapped in the house. I really need to do laundry and run some errands but the saddest thing in the world happened. It all started on Sunday night when Our Jeep did something that neither of us had ever seen. Our Check Gages light came on well the only gage that looked wierd was the battery gage informing me that the battery was dead. Well the Jeep is clearly running so I don't believe that the battery is dead. Well we make it home okay and it starts up in the morning for work and drives just fine, well half way to work the gage light comes on again but again the car is still running. Well from what I can tell with my vast car knowledge is that the car is still running but the battery is getting weaker. Well Tuesday rolls around and it's time to vote. I haven't changed my name or voter information yet and I have to go to my parents neighborhood to vote and Scott has to go to his parents neck of the woods to vote so only having one car and both of us having to work that night we concure and divide and manage to get all things done. Well as I'm driving from the polls to my mom's house the car acts funny but is still okay. I'm concerned and my mom lets me borrow her jumper cables since I loaned mine to my brother and he has yet to returned them. The jeep gets me home and gets me to work but dies when I get to my parking spot. Well when Scott and I leave work after hearing the out come of the election. The jeep starts... but is dying fast we make it about half way down state street and it just dies I pull over the lights won't work, it won't even try to turn over it's just dead. We call a few friends, and try to flag down a car to help (which no one did... thanks Salt Lake drivers) and call my dad.
My dad is a dog catcher for West valley and he comes in his dog catching truck blocking 2 lanes and jumps the jeep. It starts up and get almost home before dying again, luckily my dad followed us home and we got the car into the garage. Well now it's snowing like it does on the east coast and we're too cold, poor and lazy to walk to the car store and purchase the things we need to fix the car or the money to tow it somewhere to get fixed. Oh and we think it just a broken wire to that alternater that is the problem because when the battery is charged it will work. I love my Jeep, but I hate this snow and I hate not being able to get this fixed. I'm just grateful that both Scott and I have the day off today and it looks like I need to look up the bus schedule to get to work tomorrow.

No comments: