Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, October 8, 2012

Bad Week

Last week was kinda rough, to help myself
I took a small break from
from my blog.
 
I have a hard time writing about the bad times.
I don't want anyone to feel
bad, or depressed after something I've
written.
 
So, I chose not to write at all.
I actually closed myself away from everyone,
and didn't take any calls, or e-mails, or facebook comments.
 
I was afraid of what the world would throw at me next.
 
Here's a breakdown of the week...
Sept 29:  Scott's great Grandma (Rivers' great-great grandma) Alta passed away. We found out minutes before I left to go to the
Relief Society Broadcast
(which was amazing!).
I was actually really happy for Grandma Alta.  She was 98, and like people her age, had lived a full happy life, and had spent a number of years away
from her husband who had
passed on before her.  Can you imagine that reunion?
What joy she must be feeling!
But death by any measure is hard for those left to mourn.
She was an amazing lady and will be missed.
 
October 1: Scott begins mid-terms and we don't see him.
 
October 2: We have a mutual disaster, Scott
forgets and I volunteered to stay home and watch kids.  I left to
pick him up at the agreed upon time, before babysitting,
but with him forgetting I was late, making everyone late,
and being forced to leave Scott stranded
at school. (Well not really stranded, but super unable to
get home quickly).
 
October 3: Never saw Scott and River is a handful and I'm stressed
... blah blah blah.
 
October 4: Grandma Alta's funeral in Fairview, 2 hours away from Salt Lake.
I get car sick,
Rivers throws up Orange juice in the car,
BIG poops once we arrive at the church,
short attention spam of an almost 2 year old who only wants to
play with his cousins,
car over-heats on the way home,
3 hours in a Walmart,
fast food for 2 meals,
3 insanely dirty outfits, and running out of diapers
(good thing we were at a Walmart...)
 
October 5: BIG fight about Rivers up coming birthday party.
I didn't talk to Scott for a whole day.
 
October 6: Conference!!  Much needed break, too bad Scott had
a test and missed the first session.
Spent 2 hours waiting at the Cheesecake Factory, but I needed
the alone time so I welcomed the break.
(More on that later)
 
Finally girls night.  I was so relieved to just hang out
with adults, and eat and have fun.  Much needed.
 
By Sunday the world was right again and Scott started
Fall Break!
 
I've missed him.
I noticed things just aren't right when he's not around.
I almost feel lost and scared.
 
Today has been amazing, and I remembered why
I feel in love with my crazy curly haired
man.
 
Finally, Rivers Loved Grandma Alta.  Here is the proof.
 
 
He was always so eager to watch her.
Like he was studying her, remembering her.
He was always so happy around Grandma Alta, that in turn made me happy 
 Here he's trying to turn and look at her, he's only a few months old.
 Rivers always would explore Granny's house, and she wouldn't mind.
And he was happy...
At the funeral.
I'm grateful to these people for providing entertainment for
the children
 
On top of all this I still haven't gotten my hair cut and it's
starting to take up more room in the house than
Rivers...
One day I'll be pretty again....


No comments: