Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, April 12, 2010

12 Weeks :)

Let it be known that my husband is a terrible photographer!! I love him very much and I'm always proud of him, but I don't think he has ever used a camera in his whole life. With that being said, here are some pictures from my 12 week mark of pregnancy. Now I was concerned that I was showing a bit earlier than I thought, and I was sure this meant my baby was HUGE!! But the doctor (and the many books I've been reading) informed me that I'm short (duh) and with only 6 inches between my last rib bone and my hip bone, there is no where for this little nugget to go, these pictures were taken after dinner, so I'm hoping some of this is food baby related, but I have a nice little bloated bump that I like to pat :). Me and the baby are doing great, my doctor is awesome and tell me all the time how well I'm progressing and how healthy the baby is, which is every mother is always glad to hear.

Here I am concerned that Scott has forgotten all the instructions given to him on how to push a button and take a picture, I'm not standing up straight, so I look bigger than I am.
Take two, cardigan off, standing up straight, looking thinner and much happier.
I am amazed at how long my hair has gotten!! I'm always been blessed in the hair department, it's thick and dark with lots of volume when I want it, and it has always grown about an inch a month, but man those prenatal vitamins have totally kicked it up a notch! My skin has sadly started to break out, and so have my arms and back, which drives me crazy! Plus the smell of most lotions makes me queasy so I haven't been applying as much lotion as I have pre pregnancy, so my hands and legs are really dry. I got my appetite back this week, so now I'm starving every half hour, but I'm managed to lose 4 lbs by throwing up every morning and usually around dinner time.
Funny story... So last week I went to my brother-in-laws dance recital down at BYU. I was in a car full of Scott extended family when the baby decided that it didn't like it's dinner anymore and after we got off the freeway as we were about to enter Provo, the baby decided to make me blow chunks all over my father-in-laws car. The baby knew we were about to enter Provo and made me sick, this lead me to believe that the baby is a University of Utah fan. I texted my parents about this and my dad causally asked if Max Hall hates my baby. I thought this was too funny. Now I feel an education is and education were ever it is obtained so I'm not forcing my child to go to either school, and I don't want any rivalries on my blog, but I think the baby has made up it's mind.
We had a great check-up with the doctor this week and got to hear my little nuggets heart beat, which was totally awesome, but the little tyke kept moving away from the doctor, making her chase it down again for us to listen. I love my baby, it's already funny. Hearing the heartbeat was the coolest thing ever, and Scott looked so over joyed. I'm so glad he got to be there with me and experience this with me.
We have chosen a few names for mystery child, only I think we may wait until the sex is revealed to disclose that information, some know because it's not a secret, but I like the idea of a surprise to some extent :)
I'm hoping now as I enter my second trimester that I will have more energy and not be as sicky, which I was promised will happen since I am a text book pregnancy. Oh boy... or girl, whatever...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yay for second trimester! It was definitely the best trimester for me, so I hope it is the same for you and the queasiness goes away! You look great keep the belly pics comin'!

Lyndi Daly said...

What belly? I don't see a belly! Okay, just a eency weency one:) So cute! I can't wait to hear what your names are:)