Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday dear Scott, Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

Birthday's are very important to me, I love to celebrate the people I love, and with Scott being the most important person in my world his birthday was a big deal, and every year I have to out do myself to make him feel more loved and special. His birthday just happened to fall on the same weekend as the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert AKA the busiest weekend of the year at work, so I knew we wasn't going to be able to get the weekend off, so I came up with a few plans of my own. Now these pictures were taken with my phone, because the batteries in my camera were dead and I didn't realize, so they're kinda rough, so bare with me. Since we are currently homeless, and I knew he wouldn't be off work until after midnight, I cleaned and decorated our room here at his parents house, and I must say it was pretty awesome...
Here we have 27 balloons (the age he is turning) and his gifts on the bed, he got Chocolate milk, and his favorite cereal... the milk is in the fridge....
We had a family dinner with his family, this is the gift from Allison, and burger cook book, I know what we're doing for the next BBQ!
Kyle gave him a sparkly soap dispenser, very festive...
Gift cards from Mom and Dad, I like these because I know they are gifts for me too!!
This is his gift from me, it's a Wustof chef's knife, these are expensive, but I found an awesome half off deal, he was so happy he cried a little, and now he can show it off to his Chef buddies at work. I must say I am proud of my gifts, I seem to get it right every year. I'm also excited for Scott twin siblings birthday's on Wednesday, because I got Nathan a teenage mutant ninja turtle wall clock, to go with the hamburger phone I got him last year... I would love to get these kinda gifts :) Scott makes me happier than anything, and I'm so so so glad he was born, and I would do anything to make him feel special. I love you Scott, continue being great!!
On a less celebratory note, I am getting so stressed and frustrated with Christmas plans this year. So if you want to spend time with us, you will have to wait until after the New Year, because this year is full. This year Christmas Eve and Morning will be with my family, and Christmas day will be with Scott's, the Sunday before will be the annual Hulse family Christmas party that is held the Sunday before Christmas every year, we work on the 26th, and my mom's Birthday and Thanksmas are on the 27th. I'm getting sick of trying to please everyone on both sides of the family, and missing watching my darling nephews open their gifts. I didn't get to see my grandparents or siblings last year, and will not get to next year, that's just the pains of having a growing family. I think we will have a great Christmas because I'm with Scott, and will see some of the people we love, and will try to see as many as possible. The Holidays aren't about where we are and who we please, it's about the Savior, and letting people know how much we love them, we have all of eternity to express this, so if we don't see you this Christmas season, we'll see you in the Celestial Kingdom... if not sooner :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

Sorry we missed it. We thought the birthday dinner was on the 6th.