Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby!!

You know that saying "You can't win them all." Well what if you did win them all, and then one day realized that you haven't won them all. Confused, well so am I. I don't want to sound... conceded, but people have always liked me for the most part, I know there is a totally annoying part of my personality that completely bothers myself, but people have always liked me. I've always been able to make friends easy, and I try to have a wide range of interested so I can be able to hold a conversation with people. I also think I am very funny :) but recently I have found someone that dislikes me. Now I've always told myself that not everyone has to like me, but everyone has, and I am really having a hard time with this. I have found myself agreeing with this person, and taking their side of conflicts, even though I don't totally agree, I just want this person to like me, and I feel like I'm cheating myself a bit. Well now that I think about it, I'm sure not everyone has always liked me, but I have never felt this need to make someone like me before. I find myself thinking about what I'm going to say, and stories to tell, and if they still don't want my company I think of ways of telling this person off. This is consuming my thoughts, and effecting my well being. Maybe I'm just crazy! What I should do is sit down and confront this person, except I'm practically paralyzed by fear of confrontation.
I think there is an episode of Seinfeld, where Jerry's girlfriend hates George, and he goes crazy trying to make her like him, that's what I feel like. Does anyone have any advice on how to win people over, because I have tried everything in my bag of tricks, and it's not working
On a different note, we've moved and bought a new car, so I'm feeling pretty on top of the world right now, my toes are warm, and I never have to worry about getting to and from work, which really is all I ever wanted out of life, Scott is working really hard to make me comfortable here at his parents house, which I don't think he needs to do, because they have a very comfortable home, Scott has set up our room to feel like home, and given my precious clothes and place to stay. I'm feeling pretty good right now. We're getting excited about the Holidays and Christmas shopping done. I think we are both looking forward to a bit of 'normality' in our lives.

4 comments:

Mallory Renee said...

Dude, I TOTALLY had/HAVE a similar situation going. It REALLY sucks. You could try killing the person with kindness! Drop a little note, leave a little treat, all of that. They'll be forced to be nice and at least pretend they like you. But ultimately they have the choice whether or not to like you and there's nothing you can do about it except wait for them to change their mind.

Dashley said...

Hello there friend! I think the goal is to stop trying so hard. The hardest part of someone not liking you when you have given it your all and then some is their continuing rejection. You are who you are. People really like you. The problem is then obviously not you. It is them. So just be your wonderful self and do your best not to worry about it anymore.

Laura said...

Is it me that doesn't like you?

Stecky said...

Mystie- you are a follower of Christ. That means you are kind to others and when you find someone that is probably in a selfish place, you try and lift them up. Please continue to be yourself- kind and gentle. The one who isn't at your same level of following Christ, will hopefully be there soon. I love you!!