Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Monday, October 5, 2009

She wears high heels I wear sneakers

Well... I have regressed in my progression as an adult. As of November 1st I will be living in South Jordan with Scott and his parents. Now I am extremely grateful for this, the benefits out way the disadvantages by far, it's just hard to suck up my pride and ask for help. Now Scott and I financially are just fine, we have been able to save money and do some incredible things, but we are in debt and this is making other things more difficult, and we know people that get by on way less than we have, but it would be nice to pay off bills instead of managing them. Also this way we can have a bigger place for when we have children, which we aren't having yet, well I don't think yet. Scott's parents have a very nice house, and lots of storage, so our plan is to stay there during the winter, sell our cars, and buy a new car, which I think Scott did today actually, get out of debt, and have a baby. This decision was very hard for me, I feel completely defeated. I haven't lived at home since I was 18, moving home was just never an option for me and I have just always made things worked, but I don't get the just think about myself anymore. After much debate, and searching and praying we have decided to humble ourselves and make the best decision for our future. On an up note, next week is out ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! I'm so excited, being married has been the best, and I love my Scotty so so much. Well I think you know what my next post will be about :)

4 comments:

Eric Davis said...

It probably will suck a little bit at first, just because it will be so different from what you are used to, but it will be SO worth it down the road when you can get all your debt etc worked out. Just think, at least you are doing this by choice now instead of HAVING to do it at age 30+ when you have 4 kids running around! You guys are smart and lucky to have the option! :)

Eric Davis said...

oh and this is Melissa...i didn't realize I am logged in to Eric's account! :)

Christy said...

If you don't want to move home I would suggest checking out this book: Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. It's AWESOME!!!! I have it if you want to borrow it. Anyway, it tells you how to get out of debt in a very short amount of time while still paying rent and your other bills. Seriously, there are stories from people who have like $100,000 in debt and were able to pay it off in a very short time. Anyway, I highly reccommend it...it really is awesome and it works!!!!

Stephanie said...

Doing the financially smart thing is so hard, but it will be worth it. You are saving yourselves a lot of future stress. :)

Kudos to you for doing the right thing!