Big * Middle * Little

Big * Middle * Little
Just a Blog about my boys, helmets, food and family....

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Oliver Eugene!!!

We welcomed our second little man on July 17, 2013

Stats:
Born: 8:05 AM
Weight: 6 pounds 10 ounces
Height: 21 inches

We got us another long skinny baby!  He is just a perfect slice of heaven, and I am enjoying him a little too much!!

Oliver was born breech, via a planned c-section.  We discovered he was breech around 35 weeks and I tried everything to get the little stinker to turn, but he's stubborn and after the horrible pregnancy I had to endure, having a set date and time came as a relief.  I'll post another post about the whole c-section vs. vaginal birth later, for now enjoy some pictures of my sweet boy.
 T minus 10 hours until hospital check in.  39 weeks, with a total weight gain of 13 pounds.  It was a rough pregnancy...
 Ollie came out bum first, and peed everywhere!!  BTW they rounded his weight up to 10 ounces.
 Look at that angel face!  He's so yummy!! 

 Meeting his big brother.  They get along well enough, some days certainly are better than others.  I feel like Rivers is louder now somehow.
 This kid has some seriously long fingers!! We need to invest in a piano for sure
Oliver really is a dream baby, he eats well and latched on while I was still in recovery.  My milk came in within 2 days and when Ollie is done eating he sleeps.  He only cries when hungry or uncomfortable.  I never knew babies could be this way!!  Rivers struggles to latch, and had colic and was a poor eater, and still is.  I try not to compare my kids, but it's hard since they really are so different.  

I feel like Oliver is my reward for a terrible pregnancy, a colicky first born and the need for a c-section.  He really is just this perfect little man sent to me from heaven.  

He is a perfect fit into our family and I'm so so so grateful to have him.  We are still adjusting, but he is just a dream!!

1 comment:

Grandma Hulse said...

Love your Blogs and while I"m writing, we love you! Still talking about that scrumptious meal your wonderful husband fixed for us . It lasted more than a couple of days and we enjoyed every bite! Thanks!!!!